It’s beginning to feel more like the Silicon Valley in Central Ohio.
If you haven’t seen or heard about the new Cologix datacenter, take a minute to read on.
Cololgix datacenter has been in the Columbus area for many years and operates 27 network neutral datacenters in North America. Its newest facility, COL3, is the largest multi-tenant datacenter in Columbus and resides on the same 8-acre campus as their existing datacenters COL1 and COL2. It offers over 50 network service providers including the Ohio-IX Internet Exchange peering connection.
Most exciting of all is its 20+ cloud service providers, which includes a direct connection to the market leading Amazon Web Services (AWS). This is the first AWS direct connection in the region providing customers with low latency access to AWS US East Region 2. With direct connect AWS customers create a dedicated connection to the AWS infrastructure in their region. When AWS is in the same datacenter where your IT infrastructure resides, such as Cologix, all that is needed for connectivity is a small cross connect fee.
Here are some pertinent specifications of Cologix COL3:
- Owned & operated in a 200,000+ SQF purpose-built facilities on 8 acre campus
- Rated to Miami-Dade hurricane standards
- 4 Data Halls – Up to 20 Milliwatt (MW)
- 24” raised floor with anti-static tiles
- 150 lbs/SQF floor loading capacity with dedicated, sunken loading deck
- 2N Electrical, N+1 Mechanical Configurations
- 2N diverse feeds from discrete substations
- Redundant parallel IEM power bus systems serve functionality and eliminate all single points of failure
- 2N generator configuration- Two (2) MW Caterpillar side A and Two (2) MW Caterpillar side B
- On-site fuel capacity for 72 hours run time at full load
- Redundant 48,000-gallon tanks onsite, priority refueling from diverse supplies & facility exemption from emergency power
- Raised floor cold air plenum supply; return air plenum
- 770 tons per Data Hall cooling capacity
- Liebert, pump refrigerant DSE
- Concurrently maintainable, A &B systems
- 50+ unique networks in the Cologix-controlled Meet-Me-Room
- Network neutral facility with 16+ fiber entrances
- Managed BGP IP (IPv4 & IPv6); multi-carrier blend with quad-redundant routers & Cologix provided customer AS numbers & IP space
- Most densely connected interconnect site in the region including dark fiber network access
- Connected to the Columbus FiberNet system plus fiber feeds reaching all 88 Ohio counties
- Metro area dark fiber available
If you would like to learn more or visit COL3 please contact us at:
Jim Conwell (513) 227-4131 firstname.lastname@example.org